Friday, August 6, 2010

Book Challenge: Week 4

Week: July 19 - 25

Title: Pirate Latitudes
Author: Michael Crichton

Notes: I typically enjoy pirates (though I have never met one). This book was enjoyable and entertaining. It takes a look at Port Royal when the English and Spanish are fighting and the pirates/privateers of the time. I have enjoyed Micheal Crichton books before but this one was published after he died. I am wary of books published posthumously as there is no way to know if it is what the author intended, if it was completed, was it edited and made to the best of his/her intent. While I enjoyed the book I thought it was not quite up to Crichton's standard. The writing style seemed different, which may be attributed to a different audience or just being more staight forward. It was much easier to read than others he wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment